We are excited to be planning for the first full meeting of the Global Aviation and Aerospace Skills Taskforce “Developing the Workforce for the Future”, that will seek to shape the future of aviation and aerospace workforce and skills development by bringing together best practice and sharing experience across States and industry.
The taskforce will be addressing 5 key subjects;
1. Value proposition – how to develop and promote a positive perception of the industry to identify aviation and aerospace as employment sectors of choice
2. Attraction and outreach – exploring innovative outreach opportunities on a global scale
3. Retention and development – sharing and promoting best practices for the retention and development of the sector’s workforce, including re-skilling, up-skilling and developing leaders of the future
4. Workplace environment and culture – promoting best practices for safe, inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace
5. Evolution of work in the industry – creating a vision for competencies and skills needed by 2050, with short, medium and long term pathways
The first meeting will take place in Sao Paolo, Brazil in the week of 8th April. If you are an ICCAIA member and would be interested in attending, or joining the taskforce in general, please click here to register your interest.